The Leeds Learning Alliance is a Trust formed by like-minded Leeds educational organisations based upon a shared commitment to inclusion, close collaboration and high level ambition. Representing over 40,000 learners across Leeds, the Leeds Learning Alliance takes its mission seriously:
YOUNG PEOPLE AND COMMUNITY FIRST
Our associate partners
- Unconditional mutual respect.
- Inclusive and comprehensive admission and retention practices.
- A supportive and challenging culture:
- encouraging the development and sharing of innovation.
- providing opportunities, encouragement and challenge for staff to improve their own practice.
- working generously with partners.
- Learning and community at the heart of all that we do.
- A broad, balanced and relevant curriculum offer for every child.
- An expectation that all take responsibility for their own development.
- Strong and tailored information, advice and guidance to all learners at all stages of education.
- Widening access to the wealth of learning opportunities in Leeds.
- Shared community use of facilities and a commitment to and promotion of family learning and healthy lifestyles.
- Commitment and accountability to local communities and the city for cohesion and opportunities for involvement.
High challenge and high support.
A successful and continuously improving organisation of partners that ensures:
- Rigorous and effective quality assurance.
- High quality teaching and learning.
- High quality professional development.
- Research informed practice development.
- Maximising participation in learning.
- Effective and efficient use of resources.
- Joint commissioning.
- Economies of scale through shared resources and joint ventures.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles.
Partners agree to:
- The central mission, values, principles and aims.
- Promote these values through the work of everyone in their organisation.
- The Articles of Association when joining the Trust and the processes for leaving the Trust.
- Secure the required support and commitment from the appropriate authority, e.g. Governing / Trust Board.
- Not commit to becoming Members of any Trust/MAT emanating from the work of this collaboration without further referral to their appropriate Boards.
- Only share information gained through the Mission and Memorandum that has the agreement of all partners.
- Other institutions being invited to sign up to this Mission and Memorandum, with the agreement of all existing Partners.
The following documents provide details of our governance arrangements:
Interested in our work?
We'd love to hear from you. Please use the contact form to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can follow us on Twitter.
© 2020 Leeds Learning Alliance